Posted: 6 November, 2019
Organisation: to be discussed on application
Salary: 30000 GBP/year
IT Support Engineer
Location – Gloucester
Salary – up to £30,000 DOE
Elephant Stone Recruitment are delighted to be able to offer this exciting opportunity for an experienced IT Support Engineer to join our exciting and dynamic client, an IT / technology Services organisation. You will benefit from joining a professional business with lots of development opportunities to progress your skills experience and career whilst working within a fun, fast paced environment.
The successful IT Support Engineer will be responsible for delivering specialist Service Support to a catalogue of external customers in a proactive and efficient manner. You will:
- Provide support to customers via ticketing system
- Provide high level of service to efficiently resolve customer issues working within agrees SLA’s
- Manage the ticket effectively knowing when to escalate and engage with additional resource from outside the team and proactively manage the customer solution.
- Provide product and service support
- Manage 3rd party suppliers
- Root cause analysis and investigation for incident and problem management
The IT Support Engineer will have the following skills qualifying them for this role.
- A strong background in Technical Support environments – ideally within the Service industry
- A good understanding of the following: OSI Model, TCP/IP, DNS and Domain Names
- Experience supporting the following: Microsoft Windows Server (2008-2012); Microsoft Exchange Server; Linux Server (Redhat, CentOS); VMWare environments; Anti-Virus and Web Security services; Load Balancing
- Experience of dealing with customers in an ITIL environment
- Strong analytical, problem solving skills with the ability to work under pressure in a fast paced environment
- ITIL Foundation and relevant Microsoft / VMWare / Linux technical qualifications are highly desired and will be a distinct advantage.
For more information please apply ASAP